Disadvantages of using a guitar (with plugins) as a bass, vs buying an actual bass?

mesahealthco
mesahealthco
10/18/2023 8:35 pm

I want to add bass to my tracks, and I'm wondering whether I can use my guitar, with plugins, as a bass?

In the spirit of saving money (and minimalism - I live in cramped apartment), I was wondering if it would be a big disadvantage to forego buying an actual electric bass (like a Squire Jazz), and just use a guitar with effects / vst's / etc to sound like an actual bass.

Wondering how close I can get to achieving a "bass" sound with my guitar and plugins?

Or would it be much better just to buy an actual electric bass?

# 1
mistysmith
mistysmith
11/20/2023 9:17 am

I think you should buy an actual electric bass 

rainbow friends

edited
# 2
nutadura60
nutadura60
12/12/2023 7:42 am

To lower the pitch of your guitar by one or two octaves, you may make use of pedals or plugins that alter the pitch of the instrument. A lower, bass-like sound will be produced as a result of this. Additionally, pitch-shifting effects are included in a great number of digital audio workstations (DAWs) pizza tower

edited
# 3
eleeselees68
eleeselees68
03/20/2024 9:43 am

You can use pedals or plugins that change the pitch of your guitar to reduce its pitch by one or two octaves. This will result in a sound that is lower and more bass-like. Additionally, a large percentage of digital audio workstations come with pitch-shifting effects.

edited
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.