POD HELP

icecool
icecool
12/15/2003 12:59 pm
I've posted about this before, but not much came of it.
I badly want some rockin' tones coming from my POD, but I don't have the patience, or know-how to get them.

I know alot of you guys use the things, so it would be amazing if you could post some of your favourite tones to use, clean or distorted.

When getting a nice chugging distorted tone, I suffer from it being too muddy, trying to play live with it is not even worth bothering. I know its just me making crappy tones and expecting them to sound great, I just need some help really.

It'd be excellent if you guys could post some of your favourite settings, it'd be hugely appreciated.

Thanks in advance.
# 1
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
Dr_simon
Guitar Tricks Instructor
12/15/2003 1:50 pm
Check out the tone locker at Line6s site, they have exactly what you are looking for.
My instructors page and www.studiotrax.net for all things recording.
my toons Brought to you by Dr BadGAS
# 2
Hammurabi
Hammurabi
12/15/2003 7:41 pm
A good general setting is-
gain:3-7
trebs:6
mids:3
bass:8

With digital effects, if I'm thinking of the right product, it's a good idea to not use too much compression.
"If one has realized a truth, that truth is valueless so long as there is lacking the indomitable will to turn this realization into action!"
-A.H.
# 3
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
HDJ
Explanation: Southerner
05/11/2004 7:55 pm
I've had a Pod Pro for about a year and still can't get a decent live tone set on it. I've tried connecting it between my guitar and amp and in the effects loop of my amp, and running it straight into the PA mixer. Connecting it through the effects loop works much better if your using it with an amp, but it still takes away from the warmth of the tubes. Running it straight into the mixer has gotten me the best results for live playing. My opinion is that Pod's are great for recording but suck for playing live. The only way I'll use mine live is as a back up if my Marshall fails.

I've also heard that Pod's are very inconsistant. One may sound great, but the one next to it can sound like total crap. I have not witnessed this, but look at the reviews at harmony-central.com.
Check out my band:
Havoc Din
# 4

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.