what is good or bad?

iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
07/15/2005 2:56 am
Well presentation is everything. Are you going to listen to a politician who is dressed like a bum, and talks like they didn't pass high school? Or one that sounds well educated, and wears suites and the whole get up. Its not a low blow, its just the truth.

# 1
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/15/2005 3:16 am
Originally Posted by: iihollyWell presentation is everything. Are you going to listen to a politician who is dressed like a bum, and talks like they didn't pass high school? Or one that sounds well educated, and wears suites and the whole get up. Its not a low blow, its just the truth.

We're talking about a message forum. It's not so much like we're voting on who the next president is here. No one's ever really worried about their spelling before in debates, so why use that as a rebuttle now? We all also know there've been far worse spellers to grace this forum.
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 2
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
07/15/2005 3:18 am
It was a comparison. Not to be taken literally. I'm just saying I take someone who bothers to capitalize and use puncuation, then someone who doesn't. No one may agree with me, but its just the way I see it.

# 3
Danny C.
Danny C.
07/15/2005 3:35 am
Whoohoo! This thread is gettin hotter by the second! lol :p
The greatest enemy to what you can know, is what you already know.

It's not how good you play, its how well you play it.
# 4
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
07/15/2005 5:16 am
Originally Posted by: Kutzkinumber one
yes masturbation is frowned apon
and it doesnt say you will go blind
it says you will be week in your old age
you wont be able to pleasure your women cus
you wont be able to keep 'it' up and it says the hair on your feet will become thick

maybe your right but never heard that one before

I Heard Someone else say you'll go blind but i doubt it but if you actually went blind its not like you won't be able to find it ;)
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 5
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/15/2005 7:07 am
Originally Posted by: PonyOne... my g/f and i are more or less splitting (it's way complicated) ...
[font=trebuchet ms]Damn! I am sorry to hear that, PonyOne.[/font] :(
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 6
ren
ren
07/15/2005 7:42 am
Originally Posted by: iihollyWell presentation is everything. Are you going to listen to a politician who is dressed like a bum, and talks like they didn't pass high school? Or one that sounds well educated, and wears suites and the whole get up. Its not a low blow, its just the truth.

Well, I guess Mr Bush dresses well.... does he sound well educated? :D Depends who you compare him to I guess...

And, that Blur song is about something that I believe is illegal in some US States....

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 7
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/15/2005 4:31 pm
Originally Posted by: iihollyIt was a comparison. Not to be taken literally. I'm just saying I take someone who bothers to capitalize and use puncuation, then someone who doesn't. No one may agree with me, but its just the way I see it.

i dont Agree Or Disagree with you're original Opinion only thing i Disagree with is how way off topic your response was sumwon can still Make a Valid Point reguardless Ov how they spell It

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 8
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
Lordathestrings
Gear Guru
07/15/2005 5:19 pm
Originally Posted by: Cryptic Excretions... sumwon can still Make a Valid Point reguardless Ov how they spell It
[font=trebuchet ms]People think in their language. If they're untrained in the proper useage, grammar, and spelling of their language, they're left severely handicapped in terms of forming cogent thoughts. Then, having formed a thought, such illiterates are unable to communicate effectively.

People whose native language is not English will have trouble making themselves understood on an English-language forum like this one. That's understood, and allowed for. I cringe when I see what comes off the keyboards of some people who were supposedly raised English-speaking. That isn't funny in any way. It's a tragic waste.[/font] :(
Lordathestrings
Guitar Tricks Moderator

www.GuitarTricks.com - Home of Online Guitar Lessons
# 9
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
07/15/2005 5:53 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]People think in their language. If they're untrained in the proper useage, grammar, and spelling of their language, they're left severely handicapped in terms of forming cogent thoughts. Then, having formed a thought, such illiterates are unable to communicate effectively.

People whose native language is not English will have trouble making themselves understood on an English-language forum like this one. That's understood, and allowed for. I cringe when I see what comes off the keyboards of some people who were supposedly raised English-speaking. That isn't funny in any way. It's a tragic waste.[/font] :(

Agreed. 890
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 10
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/15/2005 9:25 pm
Originally Posted by: Lordathestrings[font=trebuchet ms]People think in their language. If they're untrained in the proper useage, grammar, and spelling of their language, they're left severely handicapped in terms of forming cogent thoughts. Then, having formed a thought, such illiterates are unable to communicate effectively.

I don't have perfect english, and when I type casually like I do here it's even less perfect, but I do my best to keep my spelling and grammar up to par. There's nothing wrong with being able to spell and write and especially if you're raised with the english language. And that works with all languages. Someone who's raised under french that can barely spell and they're in their late teens is just plain sad. They live around it, they grew up with it, it's everywhere. I don't get it. I'm just happy I'm good with my own spelling.

Hulk Smash!!

# 11
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
07/15/2005 9:36 pm
Only reason I used a "low blow" (if I had to call it that, and I really don't think I do) is because he obviously didn't bother to read the actualy response I had to what he said. His response was irrelevant to what I said, therefore I felt I had the right to say.

People against homosexuals is a real hot button with me, because I've seen the way my brother has been treated ever since he came out when I was in sixth grade. To me to see or hear someone say there is no prejudice against homosexuals just sounds very ignorant to me.

# 12
sigment frued
sigment frued
07/16/2005 12:13 am
I from a very small narrow minded place called ireland.hahahhaha
until the last ten years, we were taught that sex was dirty, if you could'nt whistle you were gay, if you striked a match towards you that was gay and the famous wanking makes you go blind.

this obvisously made me curious and question religon.

i was raised a christian but chose to ignore the teachings and just ignore eveything they said.

it also made me curious when my 8 year old brother would come back from school almost brainwashed by bishops visiting his school, after that i gave up on it all togehter.
cowardice lies beneath the skin,
through your you see power love peace,
i see betrayal hate a grudge flourished through time.

then comes the solo
www.siroccoband.com
# 13
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/16/2005 3:28 am
Originally Posted by: sigment fruedI from a very small narrow minded place called ireland.hahahhaha
until the last ten years, we were taught that sex was dirty, if you could'nt whistle you were gay, if you striked a match towards you that was gay and the famous wanking makes you go blind.

this obvisously made me curious and question religon.

i was raised a christian but chose to ignore the teachings and just ignore eveything they said.

it also made me curious when my 8 year old brother would come back from school almost brainwashed by bishops visiting his school, after that i gave up on it all togehter.

Somehow with a name like Sigment Frued I have an easy time believing this.

Hulk Smash!!

# 14
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/16/2005 4:15 am
Well there's an obvious reason why we have these problems...

The Human Race, as a whole, is an idiot.

To those of those that disagree, I'd have to say that I feel sorry for you... Individuals can be smart, righteous, "good," but put everybody with conflicting ideas together, and you are left with utter chaos.

In my own opinion, far too many people take the Bible too literally - and I'm a faithful Protestant, my church is part of the United Church of Christ. But when analyzing the Bible, far too many lack a certain amount of... well... common sense?!

I live in Massachusetts, where gay marriage IS legalized. But one of the main arguements opposing this decision was a scripture from the Bible... I can't possibly recite it word for word, but it was something along the lines of, "If man shall sleep with another man, then they shall perish..." Of course this idea is ludicrous to me! I think that most conservatives don't realize the time we live in! Things are changing all around us. That is a good thing. But the thing I hate most about opposing gay marriage is this - what about them? Are they not people to? Should they be denied their "god"-given right? Can a bond be shared as great between two of the same sex as two of the opposite? I'm pretty sure you all can figure my stance on that...

Which, as someone stated earlier, is why religion should play no part in today's modern governments. The fact is, the last major religion created still started over 1,000 years ago! Obviously times have changed! But religion hasn't . Unless the religion can change with the times, then I don't believe it should be the secular authority of our world.

Sure - the 10 commandments are still reasonable laws to follow, but with the aid of science, much of the Bible can be proved false. Just because I'm Christian doesn't mean that I have to think that Jesus will return one day to save us all. It doesn't mean that I can't be pro-evolution... The thing that angers me with conservatives is their (for the most part, don't get angry if you aren't like this) lack of opening up to change, and... dare I say fair-mindedness?

As far as the original question goes.... good or bad? Why can't we all decide that together? This is where my idea of common sense comes into play. Can we agree that stealing is wrong, and giving to charity is good?

BTW - Catholic doctrine teaches that sexual orientation, in any way or form (included masturbation), is for one purpose alone: reproduction. Technically, it's a sin for a Catholic person to even have protection, because then they are having orientation for enjoyment, which the doctrine says is a sin. I personally don't believe that's right at all.

Protestants are a little more lenient - my church teaches that as long as you are educated and understand what you are doing, then it's fine!

All right, that's enough for me. I told myself that I would never think this much during the summer. Oh well...
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 15
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/16/2005 12:43 pm
Regarding Ace, I find that post to be good. Compare your girlfriend/boyfriend to your best friend of the same sex. What's the primary difference between the two? My friend relayed it to me that the big difference is what they do behind closed doors, but past that he wouldn't take me over her and vice versa (if he was forced to choose). So there he's got two equally good friends, but one is of a different gender. It's left to his physical attraction to decide which one he wants relations with. And people being as inconsistant with opinions as they are, to say that none of them would/should be interested in the same sex like that? Balderdash.

Hulk Smash!!

# 16
sigment frued
sigment frued
07/16/2005 10:43 pm
great post ace,

i would definatly have to agree with that
i don't understand how bush got elected. here we get a pretty negitive sde to him, is there anything for him on his account?
cowardice lies beneath the skin,
through your you see power love peace,
i see betrayal hate a grudge flourished through time.

then comes the solo
www.siroccoband.com
# 17
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/16/2005 10:56 pm
Perhaps it was the opponent. I once spoke to a person that was pro-Bush, and their reasoning seemed silly to me, but had some sense to it, I guess... they said something along the lines of,

"Bush has started this war, he needs to finish it. We can't let all of our troops to have gone there in vain. He may not be the most qualified person in the world, but Kerry is not what we need right now. (Bla bla bla... Kerry is a flip-flopper). I simply can't elect someone who I don't know what he's going to do. At least with Bush I know that he's going to finish the war, and not go back and forth.

Now, I'm not legal voting age, but I still thought that Kerry would have it. In response to what the person said to me above, I replied,

"That's exactly it! Bush started this, and it was supposed to be over by now! Can't we withdraw before any more blood is shed? We're just pissing them off more by staying there and patrolling the streets... I simply cannot bear to think that these 20 year-olds are over there getting killed."

Well we might as well say it...

GO NADER!
There are only two important things in life - There's music and theres girls, not necessarily in that order....
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 18
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
The Ace
Guitar Tricks Instructor
07/17/2005 2:01 am
Hehehehehe....

(realizes that it will be 667)

S***!
The Ace's Guitar Tricks
# 19
Kutzki
Kutzki
07/17/2005 3:31 am
Originally Posted by: Cryptic ExcretionsNow that's one I've never heard. And I don't buy that any more than I do the going blind one. What it all boils down to is genetics. If your genes are set up so that you lose your ability to keep it hard, then guess what's going to happen? And the hair on your feet? That's way out there. But I don't know how serious you were being when you typed that one up, so don't take this the wrong way or anything.

um actually i was serious and i sorta forgot something you will also be weaker in your old age, maybe i did say that
eh

and to iiholy
i seriously dont give a flying **** about someones presenation cus it can all be a mask to hide the real facts
i mean ya its nice and all if the dude doesnt look like he came out of an alleyway but seriously this is only a thread and i dont really proof read the things i write and if i did the truth is it probably wouldnt be any better but i really dont care as long as my point gets across to the read whatever

so if you are finished being a spaz about my stupid grammer/english is and how bad i did in highschool that would be real nice

rock on dudes
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.