what is good or bad?

sigment frued
sigment frued
07/13/2005 4:37 am
i love this one by sigment freud.

people these days good round saying that they are not religous and that god is not real.but alot of the time they do not think this the hole way through.
morals pretty much seperates the good from the bad,and yet who created good or bad or who is assumed to have created good or bad? god. strickly speaking this means that he is the fondation of all. then why do people who are not in any form of organised religon follow these rules?

for example that all homosexuals are bad

????
cowardice lies beneath the skin,
through your you see power love peace,
i see betrayal hate a grudge flourished through time.

then comes the solo
www.siroccoband.com
# 1
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
07/13/2005 5:11 am
They're just rules accepted by society. We essentially create right or wrong.

# 2
Andrew Sa
Andrew Sa
07/13/2005 8:06 am
who said all homosexuals are bad...I think that view is only held by right wing conservative dudes! I think generally, anything you believe in too strongly (is that a real word?) is dangerous...but I am all up for being nice to people and all...and of course if you are not good, santa brings you ****ing soap and stuff!
[FONT=Century Gothic]Hope is when we feel the pain that makes us try again[/FONT]
# 3
ren
ren
07/13/2005 8:38 am
I agree with iiholly, although the concept of 'good and bad' or 'right or wrong' is individual. Religious people choose to believe that their definition of good and bad is the word of their 'God', and those without religion just understand how things 'should' be. Society helps us form these ideas...

Religious or not, treating people how you expect them to treat you seems a decent place to start.

I don't think 'all homosexuals are bad' can be accepted as a standard rule for all - some narrow minded bigots believe that, but fortunately the masses are far more accepting. I reckon there are very few things that can be considered 'universal truths'...

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 4
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
Cryptic Excretions
Attorney at Law
07/13/2005 4:18 pm
Originally Posted by: Andrew Sawho said all homosexuals are bad...I think that view is only held by right wing conservative dudes! I think generally, anything you believe in too strongly (is that a real word?) is dangerous...but I am all up for being nice to people and all...and of course if you are not good, santa brings you ****ing soap and stuff!

http://dictionary.reference.com/search?q=strongly
The Gods Made Heavy Metal, And They Saw That It Was Good
They Said To Play It Louder Than Hell, We Promised That We Would

Hulk Smash!!

Whatever you do, don't eat limes. A friend of mine ate a lime once and BAM!! Two years later. Herpes.
# 5
sigment frued
sigment frued
07/13/2005 11:08 pm
i was only using the all homosexuals are bad as an exampl

then comes the solo
www.siroccoband.com
# 6
Kutzki
Kutzki
07/13/2005 11:35 pm
its a good example to
cus there was a point in time were gays or homosexuals as they are called nowadays were looked down apon. the whole thing of coming out of the closet was that gays pretended not to be gay because it was frowned apon. today this has changed. i am a jew and in my bible and my laws it is forbidden for a jew to do a homosexual act but i dont think i would hate someone for being gay. i would have to believe it was his test in life to conquer and since now adays its ok to be gay, in my eyes and in that aspect the person has failed. hate me if you must but i will still follow my 3000 year religion that G-d gave to my great great... grandfather. and the idea of good and bad for us is dictated by G-d so the ppl who dont believe in G-d define good and bad for themself. some may even believe it is ok to give your freind or rape your sister, to me thats all sick but listen what can i do. its a sick world out there when everyone else thinks they are god.
i apoligize to those who are offended i am just saying it the way i see it and i ant trien to offend anyone so if i have i apologize profusely(whoever you spell it). and its that that homosexuals are bad
its the act of homosexuality is bad.
not every gay dude is going to burn in hell
its that every homo is going to have to repent for that one act, at least thats how i see it. its not that every gay person is actually evil. w/e
REBOINI SHEL' OYLOM' SPARE THEM THE TESTS
bless you all to become great rockers!
Amen to that, eh!
rock on dudes and dudets i am out for now
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 7
sigment frued
sigment frued
07/14/2005 12:24 am
you have as very good point

i do not know much of the jewish religon or for that matter any religon outside of christianity.
i am not going to try to convert or convince but are you saying that homosexuals are bad people?

then comes the solo
www.siroccoband.com
# 8
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
07/14/2005 12:52 am
Here's an easy way to judge:

Syd Barret Pink Floyd= Bad
Post-Syd Barret Pink Floyd= Good
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 9
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
07/14/2005 2:32 am
If homosexuals were accepted in society or "it was okay to be gay" then they would be allowed to get married hands down.

# 10
Kutzki
Kutzki
07/14/2005 2:56 am
i said that act of homo sexuality, from a jewish point of view is, yes, homosexual activities is a 'sin'
but i did not say that the person who is a homo is bad
that has nothing to do with his sexual tendensies
jews dont believe that
just they should be sleepen with women not guys
thats all
hope that helped.
whatever our bible calls it "not natural" and "not the right way" when it refers to the homosexual act
so YES homosexual activity is bad
but NO homosexuals arent bad people since the person being bad has alot of other factors to it
anyways that was to the freud dude who thought i said homos are bad

the stress is that the act of homosexual sex is bad, not a person is a homo

i am out = peace =i am gonna leave now
When it comes down to it, our guitar's will always be there for us. :rolleyes:
# 11
iiholly
hmm
iiholly
hmm
07/14/2005 3:06 am
Originally Posted by: Kutzkiits a good example to
cus there was a point in time were gays or homosexuals as they are called nowadays were looked down apon. the whole thing of coming out of the closet was that gays pretended not to be gay because it was frowned apon. today this has changed.

That's what I was responding to.

I didn't says anything about you thinking homosexuality is wrong. I do think it is a crock of ****, but I know its not worth arguing with people now. Its not like I could change your wrong views.

# 12
J.Hammett
J.Hammett
07/14/2005 3:13 am
We had a topic in English where we talked and wrote a pressure comp on prejudism. I think it's just that a lot of us people prejudge people because they're just different or maybe a group of people do something that really irritates you. Not to be racist or anything but most of the Asians at my school are just dicks. They think their at the top of the ladder and bullie people around and call girls with short skirts sluts. It just makes me want to Kill em All. Don't you just hate that type of stuff. I admit I'm somewhat prejudice against Asians because of them and I'm Asian myself except I'm a different ethnicity. I'm Filipino and they are Hmong and Lao. I don't hate Jews, Blacks, Homos... it's just those who treat other people like ****. I'm a really nice guy and I try to get along with everyone. I think all this stuff is based on the person and how they see things. I don't really see how religion steps in here. I guess if you guys can come up with a good explanation of how religion makes one person good or bad it would help.
# 13
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
07/14/2005 3:16 am
In your religion is whacking off a sin?
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 14
ren
ren
07/14/2005 7:51 am
Originally Posted by: x0o_BurnOut_o0xIn your religion is whacking off a sin?

My missus is Jewish, and she's never told me it is!!! Am I gonna burn in hell? not that I whac..... oh erm (cough).... nevermind.... :eek:

Check out my music, video, lessons & backing tracks here![br]https://www.renhimself.com

# 15
Poontang_clan
Poontang_clan
07/14/2005 10:24 am

i heard if you do you'll go blind :rolleyes:
"We forgot to call Dylan" "Who the F*ck is Dylan?" "oh, I mean xDylanx" " oh yea we forgot to call him"
# 16
ren
ren
07/14/2005 10:39 am
Originally Posted by: Poontang_clani heard if you do you'll go blind :rolleyes:

Only if you hit yourself in the eye ;)

# 17
tehplatypus
tehplatypus
07/14/2005 11:30 am
Originally Posted by: sigment fruedi love this one by sigment freud.

people these days good round saying that they are not religous and that god is not real.but alot of the time they do not think this the hole way through.
morals pretty much seperates the good from the bad,and yet who created good or bad or who is assumed to have created good or bad? god. strickly speaking this means that he is the fondation of all. then why do people who are not in any form of organised religon follow these rules?

for example that all homosexuals are bad

????

some rules are just common sense and best for society...others are ignorant hatred bred into people with weak enough minds to believe it.

just because you don't believe in jesus or santa clause doesn't mean you won't be giving gifts on christmas day....as many athiests prove every year.

of course that's a benign example...but the same goes with people who hate gays and all...

but of course what it all boils down to is that people are stupid an insecure in general.
okay...my post is done...goodbye.
# 18
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
Jolly McJollyson
Chick Magnet
07/14/2005 4:30 pm

I hope not! Well, lust is. Guess if you don't think about anything while jerkin'... I could think about...saran wrap...or...cheetos.
I want the bomb
I want the P-funk!

My band is better than yours...
# 19
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
x0o_BurnOut_o0x
07/14/2005 6:47 pm
Well if it is then i guess all of us here are screwed...
We've been dancin' with Mr. Brownstone...
# 20

Please register with a free account to post on the forum.